HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Trading Dock

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Illutari

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 pm

I felt her break away. I let her. standing still for a moment I watched as she walked to a boulder and sat down leaving space for myself. I walked over and stood for a moment before climbing over onto the rock and sitting down beside her with one leg under my bottom. She handed me the charm. I wanted her to keep it but instead smiled and looked at it running a large finger over the detail on the green feather. My lips seperated and I looked up at her and my soft blue eyes locked with hers. The more wise and insperational part of me came through "You know....we do have to marvel....at how intimately and indextricable the tendrils of tragedy and joy are intertwined in the vines of life." I placed the free hand on hers "Sorrow is often the root of future joy, however that future joy can also be the seed of sorrow yet to come. The layers and patterns in the vine are so complex, so enrapturing in it's lush detail and so fearsome in it's wild inevitability. But we can't stop believing in joy just because it may be destroyed, what sort of life would we be living?" I asked with a tear in my eye.

Mika

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Mika listened and nodded. "Your right..." she said softly "If one stops feeling just because it hurts they will only hurt themselves more" a slight sad smile escaped her lips. "Only time tells what times of love and sorrow life will bring" she said quietly. She looked down at the leader amulet again. "Why did she choose me?" she half muttered to herself.

Cahoon Villager
Package 4: 50% Elf, Ice Bending, Morphing, Ability to speak with animals, Fazing, Light source
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:21 pm

"Because Mika," I smiled and too her other hand and placed my charm back into her hand "you are a wise choice!" I said simply

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Mika watched him put the charm in her hand again and looked at it and back at him "but.." the question died on her lips. She sighed "I couldn't even protect the man I was supposed to love...how am I supposed to take care of a village?" she scoffed

Cahoon Villager
Package 4: 50% Elf, Ice Bending, Morphing, Ability to speak with animals, Fazing, Light source
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:26 pm

"What happened was not your fault. Mountain Cattle are unpredictible. and Aaden didn't understand that. If he would have been smart he would have stayed on the outskirts. Stop worring about it, you will do fine. I'm sure Chaya will be there every step of the way. Besides. I'm not far away. I'm more than happy to help you with anything I can, you know that" I said leaning foward a little "You will do wonderfully" I smiled sweetly

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Mika looked up at him again and their eyes met. She still didn't believe him that it wasn't her fault, but she didn't argue. She nodded "Thank you, we will need it..our village has shrunk drastically." she sighed. She smiled slightly "really? It doesn't feel like it right now" She felt Jarlon coming a little closer but she just watched. She had been to forceful with Aaden and it had gotten her in more trouble than she had bargained for, she just waited.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Still not moving away from her "Why, because you screwed up once, give yourself a break." The setting sun reflected orange off the sand and illuminated her eyes and most lips. If it wasn't for just sending her boyfriends body out to sea i would have kissed her. Letting down my guard and all that I had learned about women, instead I stayed in my shell and just looked into her deep brown eyes. "You are a born leader with many talents. Look at all you have been through. Nothing is mean to be done alone, we are all here for you."

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Mika cocked her head to the side slightly and nodded "I know" she said quietly. She looked back out to sea and the canoe had faded from view. She looked at the setting sun and sighed. Such beauty even in such sadness. She bit her lip. "Um..when Beauty heals up I will still need help bringing in the horses..." she said softly.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:10 pm

The fog began to rise from the waters, as if rising from a grave. It began flooding the area as she spoke of gathering horses "Are you asking me to accompany you?" I asked softly sitting up straight again kind of glad I didn't give into my temptation

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Mika bit her lip slightly. she had lost one guy she cared about taking them out on a trip to bring in the horses. She didn't want to lose another. But she couldn't do it on her own. "yes..." she said slowly "but we are staying away from the cattle" she said firmly with a bit of shake in her voice.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:52 pm

"I'd be honored to accompany you, and if you wish to bring in a COUPLE of cattle i'd be ablidged to help." I stated firmly "I have done several cattle runs and have dealt with wild cattle before-so has Imatari" I rolled my eyes thinking bout that day. "When does this need to be done?" I asked knowing the kind of person she was she probebly had a schedule

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Mika smiled slightly "thank you and...maybe a couple of cattle if we are careful.." she said softly. She thought about his question. "Well lets see how long it takes Beauty to heal. We will need both horses. You can ride Koda if you want...she did fine with the cattle" she said quietly

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:58 pm

"I'll ride anything you want me to ride." I smiled "I'd like to think i'm a good rider, probebly not nearly as advanced as you are though" I smirked and noticed goosebumps forming on her skin as the mist of the fog settled on her delicate native skin. "We should get you inside. I don't have anything to give you to keep warm this time" I smiled not knowing if it was ok for me to get close to her or not

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Mika smiled "Oh I didn't say Koda was easy" she had to chuckle just a bit. "That mare is a spitfire...but she knows her way around cattle" she said softly. She felt her skin forming goose bumps but she didn't want to leave yet. All the town hall held was loneliness for her right now. "That's ok...I'm fine" she reassured "could we spend a few more minutes out here?" she asked quietly. She looked around slightly and then scooted a little closer to him.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:07 pm

"well most certainly" I smiled contently as she scooted closer. Instead of sitting there like a zombie I placed an arm around her and placed my hand on her opposite shoulder rubbing it to warm it up. "Well then I spose she will be fun to ride. Amazing how quickly you broke her. Which mare did you pick out of the heard?" I asked not knowing if the heard had grown since I last saw them. I pulled her even closer so her other shoulder was tucked under my arm and into my side.

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Mika let herself get cuddled up closer and she softly laid her head on the space between his shoulder and neck. "hmm that's cause I didn't break her" she said softly "I convinced her. Well..she wasn't the top lead mare but she did seem to keep some of the others in line. There is probably...60 horses in the herd now?"

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 pm

A smile spread my face when she laid her head in the crook between my neck and shoulder. I gently leaned my head against hers "Yes, wild horses need trust and compassion not breaking of their spirits." I agrred. "Wow 60?" I asked confused "Last time I was there it was more like 25" I chuckled "Stud must have been a busy boy" I blushed. "Well I spose we can ride out first thing tomorrow morning if you wish, before the lead mare figures out what you are up to and moves her heard" I was glad that she wasn't thinking about the days events as much, or at least not as obvious.

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Mika had to laugh at his comment. "haha ya he likes lots of mares. kinda a mean looking brute though." Mika nodded "sounds like a plan if Beauty is up to it." She sighed slightly "Jarlon...have you ever...loved someone?" she asked gently

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:20 pm

"well the powers I have seen the Elders use, I'm sure he will be superb" I stated. Then....then I was taken by surprise. For a moment I didn't say a word. "Love is a word that is used to lightly" I proclaimed "Is it lust, carring for someone, being there for someone, or being their best friend? Who knows....I'm going to say no I've never loved anyone. I never had time to give anyone my heart. How about you?" I lifted my head up and ran my hand along her shoulder to warm it up again.

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Mika nodded and swallowed slightly "yes..." she said softly "and lost" a tear ran down her face. She sniffed and shook her head slightly. "Back in the new world...I...was betrothed" she said softly. "before the plague" she sighed and cuddled a little closer.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:28 pm

"Betrothed? But you were just a child weren't you?" I asked confused "Oh it must have been awful" I shook my head and hid my face in her hair taking in her sent and kissing the top of her hair before looking away.

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Mika shrugged slightly, not to push him away but to signal she didn't know. "Depends what you classify a child" she said softly "My tribe married young. I was promised when I was 12...We were going to get married when I was 17. I was the chiefs daughter so I was actually going to marry later than most of the girls. The...plague came when I was 16 and a half" she said softly. She felt his face in her hair and smiled slightly she instinctively leaned into it a little bit. Then she realized what she was doing a blushed slightly "sorry" she muttered but she didn't draw away from him.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 pm

"Did you grow up with him then?" I asked "I spose you fell in love with him then being around him all the time....Must be an awesome feeling" I sugested "wow so close..." I sighed and yet smiled when she leaned into me as I smelt her hair. "Sorry? for what?" I asked

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Mika nodded "Yeah...I had always hoped the village elder would put us together. He was a good warrior and he knew it" she chuckled "A terrible tease and showoff" she sighed slightly. "But it is funny how sometimes the plague takes even the strongest" "hmm? Oh yeah it was great..but those were the days that I was carefree and had no worries except catching more rabbits than him" she smiled. "um..nothing" she blushed slightly and let herself lean on him once again a bit.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 pm

I smiled and just shrugged "Why do girls do that?" I asked confused

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock