HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Range land

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mika

Mika

Number of posts : 2867
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Range land - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Mika smiled as he pointed out one of the cow/calf pairs that she had picked. She looked between the other cow/calf pair and the heavily pregnant one. She finally nodded at his suggestion "we'll just have to be careful with her. Don't want her dropping on the way home or something happening to the calf" she said quietly. She looked at the young steer "For breeding or for eating?" she asked with a slight smile.

Cahoon Villager
Package 4: 50% Elf, Ice Bending, Morphing, Ability to speak with animals, Fazing, Light source
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Number of posts : 1406

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:04 pm

"Breeding, he will be ready next year" I commented "I don't want to take two cow calf pairs. We run the risk of the calf running off while pushing the herd and the cow will trample anyone to go after it." I blushed i didn't want to step on her toes either, this was her expadition. "Then the steers you get from here on out are usually used for food, the cows saved for breeding."

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:09 pm

Mika nodded considering. She didn't see him as stepping on her toes. She valued his opinon and wanted someone to be able to bounce thoughts off of. That was something she hadn't be able to do with Aaden. She shook her head slightly to clear it. "Sounds good. The male calf seems to be in good health." She watched as it scampered around and then started feeding whipping it's tail back and forth. She smiled. "We'll see if the pregnant cow bears a girl or a boy" she said quietly as she urged Beauty forward into the cattle to start slowly cutting the chosen cattle out.

Cahoon Villager
Package 4: 50% Elf, Ice Bending, Morphing, Ability to speak with animals, Fazing, Light source
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:15 pm

Slowly I urged Koda forward looking at what cow Mika was going to cut first. I pushed into the herd calmly pushing some of the cows away with Koda's chest. I was careful because as wild cattle they all had horns. we finally got to the cow with calf and I made some loud grunting noises to get her moving forward, Mika and beauty just a horse length beside me on the other side of the cow. I whistled for Imatari and she came running over to where we placed the cow and her calf. "Pregnant one?" I asked

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 pm

They carefully cut out the cow/calf pair and Mika nodded towards the pregnant one. Carefully wading Beauty through the cattle they slowly pushed her forward and out of the mass. Mika called Whisper with a killdeer call and Whisper quickly joined Imatari in keeping them calm and contained. Mika then looked toward the young steer. "Now this one might be a little more tricky" she said looking at the bull semi-guarding it. She recognized the bull as the one that had charged Beauty before. "Careful, he likes to charge" she said motioning to the bull

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 pm

"Ya bulls are nutorious for that, I'd do the same if someone was trying to take my horde of women" I laughed and then got silent and serious. I pushed Koda through the heard and didn't make eye contact with the bull, instead I kept him in the corner of my eye. "Hep, hep" I yelled and slapped my leg as the other cows scattered from his side, 'cept for the bull, of course "Come on big boy, HEP!!" I yelled again he wouldn't move. "I turned and looked at Mika and shrugged

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Mika laughed silently and shook her head. She joined him in getting the rest of the cattle away. "go on doggies" she said quietly. When the big bull wouldn't move she could only think of one thing to do. She closed her eyes and calmed herself. She felt herself connecting with the bull a little bit. She calmly asked him to move away with the rest of the herd. He raised his head and made eye contact with her. He snorted and stamped his foot shaking his head and long foot and a half horns. She looked back at Jarlon and bit her lip. "Worth a shot.."

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:37 pm

"Well, then lets try this" I frowned. I got off of Koda and handed Mika the reins. "When I get him away from the steer push him to the heard and start pushing the cows home" I got down on all four and closed my eyes turning into a bull much larger and bulkier than him. I snorted loudly and stompped my foot and throwing dirt on my back showing that this was now my territory. I knew exactly what he was going to do. He swished his tail and did the same. I circled him a bit to where his rear was facing away from Mika and the steer. I began to push as hard as I could snorting and grunting.

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:43 pm

Mika didn't like him putting himself in danger but she followed his orders. She secured the reins on Koda and let go. She explained with her thoughts to the horse how to help. As soon as the steer was in the open she drove him towards the herd and started driving all of them away with the two big cats help. She then sent Koda back. "Go get him" Mika told her and looked back over her shoulder.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm

As I pushed him behind some trees I turned and while running morphed into a big black panther pushing the rest of the cows with their bull. He didn't want the other cows folling him. After that was done I turned and saw Koda looking at me fearfully. I quickly morphed back into me and smiled "Easy girl, just me." I turned to my side a little giving her the opportunity to walk up to me instead. As she did so I pet her nose and kissed her muzzle. With a big swoop I leaped up on her back and pushed her onward to help Mika with the small herd. "Nice job" I said as I rode up

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:54 pm

"thanks" she smiled "you too. thank you" she smiled and kept pushing the cattle. She was barely restraining herself from jumping off the horse and giving him a big hug to make sure he was really safe. "Ok...home or should we try and bring in a few horses as well?" she asked.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:58 pm

"Hey that's up to you mighty leader" I smiled remember her playing with the amulet.

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Mika had to laugh slightly "Only as mighty as the help she has" she thought about it for a minute. "Lets take these guys back and get them in the paddocks and then head out again. "We'll only get about half way out again before it gets dark, but we can sleep out under the stars." she smiled. "And then we should find the horse herd about mid-morning and can start getting out some of the mares I marked with leather strips in their manes." she said thinking.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Under the stars huh I thought about it for a moment and smiled. "Ok sounds good...and smart!!" I nodded with approvel.

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Mika smiled "good" she nodded and started pushing the cattle once more. She didn't want to take any risks of them wandering off or the other cattle tracking them somehow. She wanted to get them home and secured so they could concentrate on the horses. Mika was thinking as they rode. "Has Bardon talked to your village elder about changing?" she said out of the blue

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:16 pm

"Not that i know of, not yet anyway." I said as we walked along the ridge lines bobbing as we went. Cahoon was now in view. "I spose I should let him know that he needs to do that huh" I laughed.

........................cahoon barn

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Mika nodded as they came with in view of Cahoon. "Ya I would" she chuckled. "ok hep hep" she said as she drove led them on into the village. Whisper ran ahead and dragged open the gate to the large pen with a rope they had attached to it. The cows, calf, and steer calmly followed Beauty in. Mika motioned for Jarlon to close the gate behind them. As soon as they were calmed and secured she turned Beauty and silently came back to the gate. "May I come out now?" she teased

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:24 pm

posting at barn site

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:03 pm

----Barn Sight------>

Mika grinned as they caught up with her and they ran for a ways. They came to the clearing and Mika slowed Beauty to a walk. "Yep looks good to me" she said. She looked out over the valley below and saw the sun starting to set "Another day, another dream, another breath" she whispered. She smiled slightly and started grabbing some firewood for the fire to cook dinner.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:05 pm

I had dismounted and was taking the reins off of Koda when she whispered something. I turned around and looked at her and smiled "nicely said" I grinned and pushed myself off koda and gathered a few large rocks and made them into a circle for her to place the fire wood.

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Mika looked up and blushed "thanks" she smiled. She hadn't realized she had said it out loud. She put the firewood in center and went to find sticks to hold up a lateral stick to cook something on. "Now to light it" she smiled while bending down to pick up two perfect holding sticks. As she stood up her long black hair swayed gently and her brown eyes sparkled in the fading sunlight. "ah..and catch something" she laughed. At that Imatari and Whisper looked at each other with eager eyes and took of in search of prey.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:14 pm

I sat down on a log and watched as she tried without success to start a fire. After asking several times if she wanted help i waited. About 5 minutes passed before I snapped my finger and threw a flame into the needles and cones. She looked up at me and I smiled. "well I was getting cold" I lied. I looked up at the rising moon. "looks like it's almost a full moon. We should go for a late night ride and swim. it has always been my favorite thing to do"

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Mika set up the holding sticks and then tried several times to start a fire. For some reason it just wasn't starting tonight. She looked up suddenly as he started the fire with a snap of his fingers. She grinned "I knew I brought you along for a reason, hmm Lord of the flames" she teased. She came and sat down next to him waiting for the animals to come back with dinner. She smiled at his suggestion "Sounds great! Do you know of a body of water near here?" she asked with a laugh in her voice.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:29 pm

"hmm lord of the flames. I like it" I laughed (haha ice age moment) I watched as she came and sat down beside me. I put an arm up on the log (sitting on ground) "Maybe..." I grinned "There are alot of things I know. I scout an area long before I choose to use it"

View user profile
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Mika laughed and then stood up. "Then lead the way Columbus" she grinned.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Range land   Range land - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Range land
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next