Road to Enchantment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mares and Foals pasture

Go down 
+8
Zack
bancam_20
Argon
Kuruk
Illutari
Tyler
Dachelle
Mika
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Mika

Mika

Number of posts : 2867
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Mika listened and considered what he said. She looked up when he mentioned Jarlon's name. She looked back down and nodded. "Don't..tell the others.." she said glancing back towards Vandecar "but he had just asked me to be his fiance moments before the black riders quite literally ripped me away from him. My fairy tale dream turned into a nightmare in seconds." she sighed "But that is how my life has been since I was a teenager...and I am beginning to think it will never change" she said sadly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Surprised I looked at her. Jarlon had never been with a girl for as long as I had known him. I stopped and put my hands on her shoulders "It will change, that is a freak accident, many people were after him. It could have happened before or after, no one knows, but what is supposed to happen will. Although we may not understand it now, there will be an evident reason to why this all happened. I honestly don't think Jarlon would have been a good choice as successor, and even if he would have been, he would have left here too." I looked at her "Being an Assasin was his biggest prioity. He would drop anything for it. I have been cleaning up after him since i was old enough to walk" I looked down and then let go of her shoulders and kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Mika looked up suprised. "Drop everything to be an assassin? No he wouldn't have left here, he wouldn't have left..." 'me' she finished with her thoughts. She shook her head not accepting what she was hearing. "no..he changed...he wasn't like that" she said shakily and kept walking at a faster pace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:37 pm

"Mika, don't be ignorant. You saw the look in his eyes every time he spoke of Ilutari, when he wore that cloak, when he did anything that dealt with being an Assasin...He has always been flacky and all over the place. He has never stayed in one place for very long, and never would have." I said a little more loudly "Don't you see, nothing could have changed him. He may have loved you, but he loved Ilutari and his job more." After I said it I felt awful but she needed to hear it from the person that knew him better than anyone
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:42 pm

"no" she said loudly and started running. Tears starting to work their way down her face, as she ran she morphed into a racoon and disappeared into the grasses. She ran to the tree in the pasture and morphed back into herself as tears started streaming down her face. "No..it can't be true" she wept. "he wouldn't have left me...he loved me" she told herself over and over again. 'but he did leave you' her mind nagged at her "he didn't have a choice" she told almost yelled at herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I sighed when she darted off "You idiot" I scolded myself and rolled my eyes., I walked a bit further and heard her sobbing behind a tree. I wasn't sure if she needed her space or not, but right now it seemed like she needed a reality check and a friend to be there for her. I walked to the tree and leaned against it behind her. "Mika, i'm sure he loved you. But please understand that is who he was, and no one, i mean no one can change that. He left his own family in the dust. I'm sorry that this is all so blunt." I looked down and kicked a rock.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Mika quickly tried to wipe away the tears. "No..why would he let himself love me? Why would he ask me to marry him if he was just going to take off again?" she asked but her eyes showed she was starting to believe him. "He didn't leave you guys in the dust...a man has to find his own way in the world..would you have expected him to stay with you the rest of your life? And why are you talking? You joined Ilutari too!" she pointed out. She narrowed her eyes at him. Jarlon had discovered her temper, now Saron had walked right into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:52 pm

"Did he say the words marry me? Become my wife?" I asked cocking an eyebrow "He left us when father fell ill, We made it without him, we understood he had a destiney. And I didn't join Ilutari's clan till my little sister left for school. I stayed with her every step of the way. Don't judge what you don't know" I huffed.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Mika narrowed her eyes more but she had to admit he hadn't "No..he asked me to be his one and only lady for ever and then when I kissed him he asked if that was a yes. I would say that is pretty close" she huffed slightly. She crossed her arms and looked at him. "Well..well maybe he had his reasons.." she said still defending him. "Then don't judge what you don't know either...you weren't here the last 6-8 months. You didn't see him falling in love with me" she said in a slightly louder voice. She felt bad for arguing with him but she wouldn't let her memory of Jarlon be tarnished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:00 pm

"No I wasn't....and that is fine. Think of him as you wish, He's not here now, there is no point in having a bad memory of him." I looked down again "I'm sorry Mika. I shall not judge you or the relaitonship you and Jarlon possesed." I lowered my arms and walked past her through the brush towards the pasture
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Mika set her jaw determined but her eyes saddened as he walked off. She was doing it again. Pushing men away. She almost wanted to hit herself. Finally she turned and gently knocked her head against the tree. She rested it against it momentarily and sighed before turning and jogging after him. "Saron...wait" she called gently
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:05 pm

I stopped just before exiting the forest and turned "Yes?" I asked kindly., I wasn't the sort to snarl for no reason, I was a bit more calm than that. Little sisters teach you that. I looked kindly into her eyes looking for what she wanted to say before it floated away
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Mika looked down, she didn't like apologizing. She wasn't used to it. "I..I'm sorry I snapped at you" she said quietly "I shouldn't have. I just...um my natural instinct is to push men away and..my temper doesn't help much with that" she chuckled nervously "the first few weeks um me and Jarlon were actually somewhere between avoiding each other and trying to kill the other" she looked around her eyes darting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:10 pm

"No need to apologize ma'am" I said with respect "I am a man, and women think of us as pigs, it's the way it has always been. I have yet to prove that I am not, till that day comes. I understand if you snort at me" I nodded. "Now shall we" I said avoiding any other confrontations
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Mika's heart fell slightly as she sensed he was pushing her away. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it again. He had his pride, she understood that. She sighed slightly and shook her head. "Um..ya this way" she motioned and they walked forward in silence. It was almost unbearable. It hurt more than him yelling at her would have. She sighed again and rubbed the back of her neck, briefly touching the scab that was becoming a scar. "So um...where did you get that scar on your face?" she asked quietly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:40 pm

The silence was almost to much for even myself to handle. I may have lived in silence for a while, but not while someone was with me. Finally her soft voice broke it with a harsh question. It wasn't something I felt comfortable telling everyone so I kept the story to myself. "I had a nasty fall a few years ago" I lied and kept it short. I wanted to tell her but didn't feel it was the right time. I barely knew her. "Yours looks farely fresh must have happened that night huh?" I said trying to be observant but then again that wasn't the right thing to say either. "Lets not talk about negative things shall we" I smiled down at her. I didn't want to grow to close to her, There was a good posability that I wasn't staying. However she did seem the kind of person I could see myself falling head over heals for. Her grace, her beauty, her bite, her charm, it all equaled out so well. Only time would tell....If i was permited to stay that long.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:45 pm

"Oh" Mika said quietly. She just nodded when he asked about hers. "Ok...um" Mika looked at the ground her mind searching for something to say. "Do you prefer to ride stallions or mares?" she asked trying to figure out whether to loan him Beauty to ride or Koda. It would be easier to lead the horses over on horseback.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:48 pm

"I can ride whatever you need me to ride" I said. "Are we hurding them over or leading them?" I asked not knowing how tame they were. I had a feeling that I was making her feel akward so I burst out the other side of me. I leaped onto the fence and balanced along it wobbling as I went "This sure is a nice area." I smiled "We should go for a ride sometime. got any lakes around?" I asked loving to swim
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:51 pm

"Um leading, they have gotten pretty tame. And the one foal should just follow behind his mother. He is almost ready to wean though. That should be fun" she said rolling her eyes slightly. She looked up suddenly as he balance walked along the fence. She giggled slightly "Um..ya we have a pond but it is probably a little cold right now" she smiled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:53 pm

"Oh pish posh, cold keeps your muscles awake" I laughed "Ok fine no swimming, but how about a leasurly ride, or a hunt?" I asked with anticipation. "Weanning huh? done lots of that, should be fun for sure" I said completely serious. I enjoyed weanning horses, one of the most important times between a rider and his horse.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Mika laughed "Those it doesn't kill it make strong ay?" she giggled "hmm well we have plenty of meat..but sure we could go for a ride sometime. Your welcome to borrow Beauty to ride. He is Cahoon's head stallion but I ride Koda, my buckskin mare. Beauty is a sweet heart though. He is about 15 hands and a black Andalusian. "Really? You like weaning? Hmm this is a first. Ya only problem is I haven't chosen a rider for him yet. I think he could be a great cow pony. But I don't want his genes mixing with his sisters and mother's. So I can't breed him back.." she said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:00 pm

"ain't that the truth" I laughed in retun. Happy to see her smiling again. "Well I would be happy to teach whoever you choose for him to ride. I find it very important for it to be the rider that weans him, otherwise you may break that bond with the horse, he is after all wild born. He will only trust a select few at his curious age. Then we can either geld him, or if he is a good horse with good genes we can always find a new set of mares or turn him back loose." I offered.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Mika nodded "Thank you" she smiled "Ya he has good genes, and excellent confirmation. And a rare coat. He is a cremello. His mother is a palimino, his father I don't know for sure. The head stallion of his mother's herd is a bay but I have a hard time believing he was the father. How do you know so much about horses?" she asked out of the blue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:06 pm

"Cremello aye, can't wait to see the fella" I smiled "Well Like I said before I used to work for a rancher. He ranced wild horses for a while then switched to cows. When he did that I left, never had much interest for them. Yes they make good meet but you can't really ride them all to much-and they are kinda dumb" I joked. "You are native So i suppose you know a heck of alot more than I do" I said motioning a hand towards her. I then looked around "Is your spirit animal one of your horses?"
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:12 pm

"Ya unless you want a bucking show" she chuckled about his comment about cows. "Well I don't know about alot..I know some..but it is more natural herd management than anything" she smiled "Um..I did want to apologize for my comment earlier about white man. It's a bad habit and not one I need" she chuckled nervously "I have met several "white men" here that have been more than kind and respectful to me. But when you grow up with the two sides being at each other's throats some of it rubs off on you. So I apologize in advance if I say anything like that again." she smiled slightly. She looked around at the horses. Koda came up and nickered at her, looking for treats. "Hmm oh no my spirit animal is a cougar. She is watching one of my...villagers right now" Mika smiled trying not to reveal Kai's identity. "And this...is Koda" Mika smiled and kissed the buckskin on the nose. Koda snorted and stretched her neck over to sniff Saron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mares and Foals pasture   Mares and Foals pasture - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mares and Foals pasture
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next