HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hidden Forest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mika

Number of posts : 2867
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Hidden Forest   Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:26 pm

This is a forest covered in caves and trees. It has a mountain stream that is cold and fresh. A strange force surrounds this forest. It is invisible to those that are employed by the shadows. The forest is alive. It senses those that are good, and those that are not. If a shadow some how makes his way into the forest, the trees move, bushes change. It becomes a tangle of roots. For those that are hiding from the shadows..it is a welcome sanctuary. It was first created by the ancient ones that founded Vanahoon. It's existence is talked about vaguely in a rare book in the library. This book however was taken with Mika so no one could follow them.

Cahoon Villager
Package 4: 50% Elf, Ice Bending, Morphing, Ability to speak with animals, Fazing, Light source
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:41 pm

Mika tossed in her sleep slightly. Memories of riding along. Men chasing them. Horse's hooves pounding. Turning to the forest in desperation. It had been their only hope. Galloping in they had taken their lives into their hands. Having both been in the shadow's employ in the past..there was a chance that the forest would turn against them. Galloping into it's midst they had slowed the horses and waited as the trees creaked around them. When the forest went silent once more they walked warily ahead. Not even the now toddler Jason had made a sound in his almost to small papoose carrier. The amulet had accelerated his growth and he now looked the size of a two year old. Finally after traveling almost an hour or so in the forest they had happened upon a cave. Big enough for the three of them and the horses it offered shelter for at least one night. They had bedded down and unpacked the horses. Hobbling them so they didn't stray they let them graze. It had been a quiet meal. Mika and Saron both thinking of their past..and their future. They were fugitives once more. Not from their own people, but for their own. Not alone but together..and with a small life they were both pledged to protect. They had bedded down but Saron had decided to stand watch. Mika slept restlessly. It was at this time of night that she awoke. Jason was sleeping soundly in his pelt made cradle. She smiled at him and got up. Wrapping a blanket around herself she walked out to the mouth of the cave. She did not see Saron in sight. She looked around concerned. Softly she gave a morning dove call hoping he would respond.

Cahoon Villager
Package 4: 50% Elf, Ice Bending, Morphing, Ability to speak with animals, Fazing, Light source
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:33 pm

The night had fallen quickly, Saron tucked his two loves into their bed rolls, kissing each of their foreheads they quickly fell asleep. The ride had been long and hard. His own heart was still racing after running from the shadows. He knew he could have easily avoided them by just taking his faithful dragon and soaring higher than their arrows could reach, he could never leave his knew family now, one of the reasons they came with him. He was asked to lead Assasins. Leaning against the cave wall wrapped in a blanket he watched the mist roll over the mountains. He heard a soft whistle...Samba. He walked into the tree line and rubbed him down
~How are they?~ Samba asked worried about his family.
~Fine, exhausted~ Saron said rubbing his face
~So are you child, why don't you get some rest?~ Samba pleaded
~I can't, I promised I'd keep watch.~ He looked into his red eyes. With that came his loves mourning dove cry-It could not be mistaken for anything else. He patted Samba's shoulders and dashed out of the trees and began running up the hill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Mika did not hear anything at first. Fear gripped her heart as she thought perhaps the forest had decided to turn on them. She turned quickly probing the darkness searching for a sign of him. She did not want to call out his name for fear of leading someone, or something to her and Jason. She pulled the blanket closer to herself and rubbed her shoulders worriedly. Then she heard foot falls and her eyes locked onto where they seemed to be coming from. But it was so dark here in this forest. 'Saron I hope that's you' she thought pleadingly to herself. "Hello?" she said ever so softly

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Saron returned an eagles cry as he came up the hill. The darkness embarrassing him. Heavy foot steps fell lightly in the grass and he slowed to walk once he reached the top. The moon reflected off his forehead and nose bridge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Mika heard the eagles cry and turned towards the hill. She saw the moon gently reflecting off his face and gave a sigh of relief. "Saron" she said quietly relieved. She jogged toward him, albiate(sp) a bit awkwardly still wrapped in the blanket. She slowed to a walk as she neared him. The pale moonlight reflected lightly off her raven black hair and brown eyes. "Everything ok?" she asked softly. The call of a night owl making her flinch slightly. She didn't know why she was so jumpy. She grew up in the forest..but this forest..there was something different about it.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:00 pm

The light reflected off his moist lips after he licked them and put and arm on Mika's blanketed arm. "Everything is fine, Samba was just calling for me" He smiled sweetly at her and felt her jump beneath his touch, but he then realized it was the owl "Strange place isn't it love?!" He stated "we'll be out of here soon enough, the forest will not turn on us...." I hope. He though the last part, but he said it confidently
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Mika laid her head against his chest and shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her. Even though she was a mother now, the longing to be held was still strong. If anything having the responsibility to protect a little one, made her want to be protected by someone. She sighed softly and nodded "The ancient ones created it as a haven. A place for their animals and pets who were being exterminated." she said softly remembering the writings in the book. "But that was hundreds of years ago. Yet this forest still breathes life...and" she continued confused "death" she said quietly "Where will we go?" she asked

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:11 pm

The tree's rustled as she spoke...Was this where Samba came from? He wondered as a branch broke. He pulled her closer "well lets start off by going inside" He said walking towards the cave unsure if Mika had heard the noises or not. "I'm glad to see you have been working on your reading" He praised remembering the time he spent with her teaching her words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Mika heard the rustling to and glanced around but then followed Saron back to the cave. She smiled slightly "Ya I figured I needed to finally learn" she laughed slightly and quietly as to not wake Jason. He was already so big. She wondered what affect the amulet would have on him. "Did Illutari tell you where you will be posted?" she asked biting her lip slightly

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Saron sighed "I don't know, if he is having me lead it'll be in the mother land. Where all assasin's come to train and live" He said swiftly, "It lies behind walls and towers made of brick, none have penetrated it as archers line the walls. It is only a haven, not as such.." He said pointing to the forest "But none the less one"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:15 pm

"The mother land?" Mika asked. She listened to his description. "Is..there still forests?" she asked softly.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:34 pm

"Yes, the mother land, where all are reborn, become something new, become pure in this world again" he said remember his first time there...well what he thought to be his first time. "There is a forest within a forest there" He said his eyes glistening. The walls hold large trees, that touch the sky. They hold all sorts of creatures and wildlife, then you get the forest outside the forest..." He sounded like an excited child "It will be perfect for Jason"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:36 pm

She blinked trying to understand but it was almost beyond understanding. "It sounds like a fairytale" she said softly with a small smile. "But then who would believe a forest that is alive" she observed. "Do..do others live there?" she asked

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:39 pm

"I don't know how many believe in forests being alive. I've only seen it once myself" He shrugged "In the mother land? Oh yes, many, the warriors in training the assasin's in hiding...all sorts of people"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Mika nodded, excited at the idea of meeting others, suddenly a thought hit her. She bit her lip once more. "What will they think of...I'm not one of Illutari's people." she said looking down.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:47 pm

"Illutari, shmari" He rolled his eyes "You are one of mine, and I being asked to take his place, that's all that matters, you are with me, and so is Jason, they do not see you as mine, they will no longer see the light of day, for no assassin of mine will judge." Saron had watched how Illutari had ran things, the way he worked, all respected and loved him, but also his name struck fear into the hearts of those that were not loyal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Mika looked up and smiled "One of yours" she asked with a slight playfulness. A sound that had not graced her voice in weeks if not months. She bit her lip once more but this time to hide a big smile rather than hesitation. Her eyes danced slightly and her head moved side to side ever so slightly. "hmm one of yours" she said again as if considering. "I like the sound of that" she whispered.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saron

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Her voice was like a melody to his ears. Dancing through the drums of his ear like the song of a meadow lark. He couldn't help but smile at her cute antic. He stepped a bit closer and rested his hand on her hip "Yes one of mine, if you will have it that way" He tilted his head and leaned in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:09 pm

She could hardly contain her smile as she felt his hand on her hip and him leaning in slightly. She to got a little closer and tilted her head to the side and breathed warm air on his neck. "I would not have it any other way" she said softly

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Forest   

Back to top Go down

Hidden Forest
Page 1 of 1