Road to Enchantment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Library

Go down 
+4
bancam_20
Mika
Illutari
Athara
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Athara
Admin
Athara

Number of posts : 2725
Job/hobbies : EMT, horses
Humor : duh
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Library Empty
PostSubject: Library   Library EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:17 pm

This was one of the few buildings spared in the raids and from nature's fury. It needs a little repair but has protected the enormous library of knowledge inside. There are books on many subjects but this library has been specially stocked by Athara to hold a impressive amount of information about Farming. If used wisely ones crops and harvests could benefit greatly.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonfaith.forumotion.net
Illutari

Illutari

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:48 am

....................fields

Together we walked up to the library door. I creaked one open and walked in. There were all sorts of color of light streaming in. With every step a cloud of dust would rise and leave behind a foot step. I was drawn to a book case, and as I walked up I saw the hand writing on the binding. I pulled it out and opened it up. It was a hand drawn map of an enormeous village. I looked closer at it and noticed where it was located. I placed my hand on the middle of the village, where the forest now sat. I looked over at Mika with big eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Number of posts : 2867

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:49 am

Mika followed him in. It looked almost the same as the other library. She noticed him looking at a book and then look up suddenly. "What?" She asked curiously
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:54 am

With my hand still on the center of the map I said "look closely...think of it as ruins" and then I pointed at the dock, then I moved my finger over to the otherside of the map and pointed at what looked like a warehouse and fields. As soon as her eyes widened I raised my hand from the center of the map and exposed the rest of the village. There were pastures and paddocks, markets galore, houses, schools, all sorts of other buildings. I shook my head. I was left speechless
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:57 am

Her eyes widened as she recognized the map. Then she gasped when he raised his hand. "But but...all the trees...the ridge...where did everything go? All those people..." she half whispered.
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:00 pm

I shrugged. "I don't know, it's all gone. The village couldn't have been deserted that long, not long enough to grow a forest full of mature trees." I fronwed. "what's out there?" I asked confused "there must be more buildings out there, has to be!"
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:03 pm

"What if...what if the middle of the village was destroyed? Intentionally? To split the villages...if it was burned...the trees would have grown back faster...but not that fast..hmm..."
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:17 pm

"I dont know..." I flipped the page and there was handwriting in it

They are all dying, I'm at a loss I don't know what to do, my two children, dear Athara and Chaya have disappeared, I fear the worst. The village doctor doesn't know what this ailness is. He can't stop it. We are running out of room in the cemetary, we have burried multiple people into one grave, we can't keep up, we have turned to burning the poor souls. People are covered in large red and black marks, they are itching and coughing on eachother which seems to be making it worse. And this morning my wife grew ill, she has red spots all over her and she says they sting and itch, almost like bee stings. Now.....i'm beginning to itch. I fear our horses have grown ill as well, they are dying because we are to ill to farm the lands. We have hopened the gates for them to run but they seem to sick to even move. I fear this is the end. God has forsaken us. Those that are well enough will be leaving tomorrow to find my children. If you are still up there Lord, please give us the strength and currage we need to find our way through this, somehow....

Afraid I looked at Mika again. I quickly closed the book wiped my hands on my pants and quickly put it away. I was completely spooked, My skin began to crawl....itch.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:20 pm

She saw him read something and quickly put the book away. "What! What is it?" she asked concerned. "Does it say what happened to them?" she was getting worried.
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:25 pm

I took my shirt from my pants and put my hands inside of it and grabbed the book again. I set it on a dusty table and opened the book with my covered hands, to the page I was at. "here, see for yourself....." I pointed at the page with the shaky handwriting.

They are all dying, I'm at a loss I don't know what to do, my two children, dear Athara and Chaya have disappeared, I fear the worst. The village doctor doesn't know what this ailness is. He can't stop it. We are running out of room in the cemetary, we have burried multiple people into one grave, we can't keep up, we have turned to burning the poor souls. People are covered in large red and black marks, they are itching and coughing on eachother which seems to be making it worse. And this morning my wife grew ill, she has red spots all over her and she says they sting and itch, almost like bee stings. Now.....i'm beginning to itch. I fear our horses have grown ill as well, they are dying because we are to ill to farm the lands. We have opened the gates for them to run but they seem to sick to even move. I fear this is the end. God has forsaken us. Those that are well enough will be leaving tomorrow to find my children. If you are still up there Lord, please give us the strength and currage we need to find our way through this, somehow....

I watched for her response
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:27 pm

She looked at the page but the words made no sense to her. She swallowed slightly. "I..I can't read.." she said quietly. She hadn't wanted anyone to know. But this was important. She looked down embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Surprised I looked at her, but I knew all to well that this wasn't a laughing matter. I swalloed hard and started to read. It was almost like my words and voice were fading into the old man's that wrote this. It saddened me even more the third time I read it. Again I waited for her reaction. I saw her eyes widen as I finished up.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:09 pm

She was glad he didn't say anything about it and just read the passage. She listened carefully and her eyes widened with fear as she processed it. This sounded even worse than the plague that had come through her tribe. She backed up a few steps and looked at the books as though it would bite her. "Is..is it still alive? The virus? Have we all been exposed?"
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:19 pm

With covered hands I shrugged and closed the book and put it away. I then looked at my hands that were wraped in my t-shirt. "If so I will probebly be the first to get it. From what I've seen, from afar, and heard the virus only lives for a few years. From the looks of it, it's been much longer than that. No use in worring about it or making the others worry about it. Between you and I" I looked into her brown eyes and was suddenly captivated.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:44 pm

She swallowed slightly and nodded. She didn't like keeping secrets from others, but then again her whole life was a secret to them. What was one more? "Ok...but if anyone gets sick we should be aware of it and think about telling them.." she said quietly. She looked back into his eyes and saw him watching her. She looked around slightly. "What?" she said quietly
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:50 pm

"Oh...nothing" I said softly and then averted my eyes to another book-I don't even remember what book, but a book anyway. "Ya if that happens, but I doubt it will." I reassured. I then looked outside and saw that the noon sun was beginning to sink. "I'm sure you should be heading back....others will worry....If you wish I would be happy to take you back...at least to the outskirts of the town, wouldn't want anyone want to think something was going on" I smiled softly at her delicate face. It looked so flawless, and those eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:54 pm

She nodded "I hope your right" she was terrified of the thought of enduring another plague. She saw him avert his eyes and was slightly confused but she dismissed it. She considered his offer. She was about to say no but she had felt something watching her in the forest. It made her uneasy. "Um..sure" she smiled ever so slightly. She let his comment about anything going on pass.
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:03 pm

"Ok" I grinned. It had been a long time since I was around girls, saying that You could only imagine how nerveous I was. I carefully removed the shirt from my hands and placed it on the ground. I would burn it later. I scooted it next to the bookcase. "ready?" I asked as I opened the large Library door and light flooded the room. I looked behind us one more time for the chills I got from reading the book, wasn't just from reading the book!! There was something watching us...I just know there was.
We slowly made our way along the other buildings, the fields and through the forest. It was quiet in there, no birds, no rabbits, nothing. I found it rather perciluar (sp) Imatari had a watchful eye out as she walked ahead with whisper. I chuckled at the image of the two. With out a word said we soon got to the hill.

..................pastures of cahoon
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:58 pm

Mika quietly followed him. She wasn't feeling nearly as strong as she had only earlier that morning. The second graveyard, talking about her past, and finding the book had shaken her. She had avoided contact with men except for Kai and Sadan and now Jarlon. Her experience on that ship had made her fearful and wary of all men. But these three...and now especially Jarlon was giving her a glimmer of hope to trust again. But it was only a glimmer, it would need time to grow. She smiled slightly as she watched the two big cats walking side by side. They got to the top of the hill and into the pastures with out a word.

------Pastures of Cahoon-------->
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:04 am

Chaya and Athara had sneaked in behind Jarlon and Mika. They silently chuckled as they saw Mika and Jarlon looking around looking for someone watching them. Then they saw Jarlon pull out a book. They both recognized the handwriting on the spine. 'Father?' Mika asked with her thoughts. They listened as Jarlon read the last entry and looked at each other with wide eyes.
Back to top Go down
Athara
Admin
Athara

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:07 am

Tears began to fill her eyes. It was their Fathers hand writing that was unmistacable, but what wasn't was that someone...something had sent them away. Told the girls that their father told him to take them out of the town. She shook her head and looked at Chaya again.
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:10 am

Chaya's eyes also filled with tears. So father hadn't sent them away...they had been kidnapped. He must have been so worried about them....what pain had their disappearance caused him? Did it depress him so much that he had caught the sickness? Had their disappearance killed him? Tears started slipping down her face.
Back to top Go down
Athara
Admin
Athara

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:14 am

Athara looked at Chaya and as a big sister should she sucked up the tears and pulled chaya close and stroked her long hair. "It'll be ok, there isn't anything we can do now. I bet the man was sent down from...." I looked up "To keep us safe so we can carry on and help this village grow as one again."
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:48 am

Chaya sniffed and nodded but held on to her older sister. Even though they were much older now they still fell into the roles they had played so long ago. She was glad she still had her older sister. She sniffed and wiped away the tears. "Then that is what we will have to do, we should probably appear to them soon to assure them that it is safe" she said questioningly
Back to top Go down
Athara
Admin
Athara

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:04 pm

"Yes, I do belive that would be a wise choice to make." She let go of her little sister and looked into her eyes "I will always be here for you, even if it wasn't for this 'gift' I would still be here, right here with you" She smiled and hugged her one more time before their invisible bodies wondered outside to find their way back to the woods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Empty

Back to top Go down

Library
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next