Road to Enchantment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trading Dock

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:39 pm

Time has not been a friend to this old dock. Winter storms and high waves have worn it away to nothing more than a few posts and rotted planks. If it is repaired it could bring in considerable trade and income for both Cahoon and Vandecar. However..incoming ships can also bring danger. Pirates and invaders love an open port.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Number of posts : 2867
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:50 am

,----Outside buildings-----

Mika walked up to the shore and looked out. It was so beautiful. She looked around and saw more rotted planks and old posts. There was still one dock going out into the water, but it looked old and rotted. She didn't even attempt to test it by putting a foot on it. Whisper came up to the water but stayed a distance away. She never had been found of bodies of water.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : Tennis, RPing, reading, convincing my mom to get me a ferret
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:53 am

<------Outside Buildings
Laya walked to the edge of the broken dock and looked at the water beyond. "It looks almost like a painting!" she sighed. Zeke looked at the water, ~Think there's fish in there?~ he asked eagerly. ~Maby Zeke, but you'll have to wait~ she laughed. ~Rats!~ he grumbled, and sat down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolvesofpilgrim.forumotion.com
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:56 am

Mika nodded "Doesn't it?" She leaned down and tested the water. It was ice cold. "Won't be swimming in there!" she chuckled. "well..where should we look next?"
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:03 am

Zeke didn't care if it was cold, he jumped right in. ~Zeke, you get out!~ Laya called after him. ~But I'm hungry~ he whined. ~Okay, but only for a little while, then you need to come out~ she said, and sat on a rock where she could see him. Zeke dived down and caught three large fish. He came out of the water, dripping wet. He got ready to shake, "Run!" Laya called out. But it was too late, Zeke shook and got water on everyone. He grinned and trotted over to Laya, dropping the fish at her feet. "Eww!" she said, trying to pick one up. It slipped out of her hands and back onto the ground. Zeke picked one up and brought it to Whisper, laying it down in front of her. Laya giggled, "I think he wants her to have one" she said, wringing the water out of her shirt.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:08 am

Mika chuckled as Zeke dove right in. ~Now why don't you do that~ ~Duh..because I'm a cat..I know better~ Whisper replied haughtily. Mika cringed but stood there when Zeke shaked. "One reason I like cats" she joked. She watched as Zeke brought one to Whisper. Whisper grinned and gave him a purr before picking it up and laying down and starting to munch on it right then and there. ~Well well no manners?~ ~Manners?! Who needs those...I haven't had fish in ages!~
Back to top Go down
Sadan

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:27 pm

<------Outside Buildings
Sadan walked up to Laya and Mika. "Looks like this dock needs some fixing" he said, noticing how old and broken it was. He went to the edge and pulled off his shoe, putting his foot in the water. "Brr, that's really cold!" he said, drawing back his leg quickly. The sudden movement made the earth beneath him slide, and he was dumped in the water. "Ack!" Sadan exclaimed, climbing out quickly. Now he was all wet, and the wind made it ever worse. He laughed and took off his shirt, twisting it to get the water out as best he could, then hung it on a tree to dry. He sat down in the sun to keep warm.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Laya laughed as Sadan fell in the water. "Now you're wet too" she said, helping him out of the water. ~Ask him if he wants a fish!~ Zeke said through a mouthful of fish. Laya turned to Sadan, "Hey, Zeke wants to know if you want a fish?" she asked, holding one up.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Mika watched with slight amusement when Sadan fell into the water. "Don't get to cold" she said protectively. Whisper looked up from her fish surprised. ~Was that concern I heard?~ Mika just glared at her. She rolled her eyes and walked off a few feet. 'What am I doing? I can't believe I am actually getting attached to them..' she scolded herself.
Back to top Go down
Sadan

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:53 pm

Sadan smiled, I'm not to cold" he said between a shiver. Amber lay down beside him, ~There, this should keep you warmer~ she said, her short fur against his side. ~Thanks~ he smiled. ~You're welcome~ she answered.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Mika looked around and pulled of her traveling cloak. "Here..this will help warm you up" She told herself she was just saving herself the trouble of taking care of a sick person...or worse another plague starting...
Back to top Go down
Sadan

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:57 pm

"Thanks" Sadan said, standing up. "Should we go check out the other buildings?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:58 pm

"Sure, me and...hey where is he? Where's Kai?" She asked looking around.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Laya looked confused, "I don't know, the last time I saw her, err, him was over there" she said, pointing to where they were sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:02 pm

"I know me too" Mika muttered. ~They snuck off again...I knew they wouldn't stay. See didn't I tell you Whisp?~ Whisper rolled her eyes and went back to her fish.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Zeke's ears pricked up and he turned twords the pasture. ~What is it Zeke?~ Laya asked him. ~There's someone...something over there~ he said. "Let's go check it out" Laya said, walking off.
------>Grazing fields
Back to top Go down
Sadan

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Sadan and Amber followed them.
------>Grazing fields
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:10 pm

Whisper's hackles raised at the same moment. ~It's another cat~ She hissed. Mika looked up suddenly. ~Come lets go...~ She motioned for the others to follow her..well Sadan as Laya was already going. They ran at full speed but low to the ground towards the fields.

-----------Grazing fields------>
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Number of posts : 1406

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:35 pm

................outside-cahoon

With the canoe in hand we all marched to the sea side. I placed the canoe at the edge of the water and waited.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Mika set her side of the canoe down as well. The tide was going out and and would start the canoe on it's long journey. She nodded to Jarlon and they silently pushed the canoe out into the water. Mika continued walking out into the water guiding the canoe. She didn't even notice the cold. She walked out to about waist deep and watched it float away. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she quietly sang a mournful lakota song. The wind came up and helped the canoe float out to sea.
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:42 pm

---> Outside Buildings

Lyla followed them, trailing behind. When she got there, she flopped down on the planks, peering over her paws at the water.
Back to top Go down
http://thelazyone22.deviantart.com/
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 pm

I wanted so badly to be by her side as she mourned but it wasn't the time. She needed to do this alone. I stood at the shore and watched as the canoe with what remained of Aaden drifted away. I waited till it was out of sight, even then I still waited as Mika stared off into the nothingness that seemed to consumer her now. Finally I broke my stare and looked around to where Chaya was. She was gone, no where to be sean. I sighed and watched
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Mika finally started to notice the cold. She shivered slightly and sadly turned and walked back to shore. She slowly walked back up the bank and towards Jarlon. She stopped a few feet away and looked up towards the sky. 'why' was all she could think, if she thought anything. She looked back down at her feet. She didn't feel like talking, she wanted to be comforted but didn't feel like asking. She just stood there as another tear rolled down her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Now was the time. I knew it. She stood there so cold, alone and confused. I walked forward a few steps and put my large arms around her. One hand rest on the spot between the shoulder blades the other on her head. I pulled her close and gave her a big hard hug. Words escaped all realism. nothing seemed right to say no matter how hard I thought. I just stood there and held her.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Mika felt him put his strong arms around her and almost melted into him. She was so tired of seeing death. She had seen so much in her young life. She buried her head in his chest and shoulder as more tears flowed down her face. Finally they started to slow and sniffed and wiped a few away. She broke away and went and walked over to a large stone and sat down. She scooted over so there was room for Jarlon. She pulled the charm and the amulet from underneath her shirt. She stared at the amulet for a moment. 'I have no right to be leader' she thought to herself. She took the feather charm in her hands and gently stroked it before taking it off and offering it back to Jarlon. "I forgot to give this back" she said softly with big sad eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trading Dock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Dock   Trading Dock Empty

Back to top Go down

Trading Dock
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next