HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Library

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Mayxa

Mayxa

Number of posts : 1703
Humor : ... Of course! XP
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Rhea nodded and laydown, closing her eyes and tried to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argon

Argon

Number of posts : 956
Job/hobbies : Vets, 'zoo' keeper lol (my house) and other stuff ^.^
Humor : Very sarcastic lol
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 12:17 am

Bardon came down the stairs with them, carrying the book, and laid down, his head on Tunani's side. He opened up the book, reading it in the faint moonlight.
'I can read most of this. It's ancient......ancient.....well, it's not ancient at all. It's Native American! That's what Mika is...well she's a Lakota....' He thought while reading the lines, understanding most of it now. His father and grandfather had taught him to read Native American, his great grandfather being extremely good friends with one of the local tribes.
He soon felt his eyes beginning to droop, and soon they closed. He laid the book on his chest, open, listening to the rain hitting the roof and the thunder crackling in the distance. It was almost like a lulliby.
A dream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argon

Argon

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 am

((for ya'll to know, I may not be on tomorrow. So....just skip around Bardon a bit lol.

NIGHT!!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Number of posts : 1406

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:41 am

(oh i'm so confused!! Jarlon took the book downstairs with him when i left!!)

View user profile
Argon

Argon

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 am

((Haha I know, but Bardon grabbed a random one. Sorry I forgot to make a post before my last one! I thought it posted before my dang computer shut down. Woops! It a book about Wolves cuz I can't think of anything else lol. Jarlon still has his book))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argon

Argon

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 am

(After Jarlon ran downstairs and before they went to sleep)

Bardon watched as Jarlon grabbed the book and stuck it under his arm.
"Hey!" He pouted like a little kid. He crossed his arms and laughed. He went to the shelf and grabbed another book just randomly.
Wolves and Myths About Wolves
"Hmm interesting...." He said, grabbing it and sticking it under his arm as he followed the girls out of the library room from upstairs.

((There that should be better lol))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 am

( Neutral )

View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:16 am

I sat in the corner with a blanket around my legs, a lantern at my side, the book in my lap and a pen in my mouth. It hung in my mouth like a spring board over a pool as my thoughts, ideas, and recolections jumped out of my mind, off the pen and onto paper. The studies that Ilaturi put me through for different cultures and writings paid off. I never paid to much attention, you know, as a know it all kid you...well know it all. I never thought I'd need this information again till he sent me on a mission to Jerusalem where the writings on the palaces and scriptures were written in ancient writing. The assasin's lare master in Jerusalem of course knew this writing well and tought me how to desiffer ancient writing, it's like a jenga puzzle. You take out words and if you aren't careful you'll crumble the sentence. In ancient writing, doesn't matter what kind, there are always hyrogliphacs (sp) that are similar if not the same as another language. Look for those then work off of that. I did just that, playing with the book, page after page. I would chew on the end of the pen, grinding thoughts through my head. I'd touch the end onto the paper and then scribble it back out. This wasn't like any writing i had ever seen. Not once did I remove my line of vision from the book, not once.

View user profile
Mika

Mika

Number of posts : 2867

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:10 am

(Running around today, will pop in when I can)

Cahoon Villager
Package 4: 50% Elf, Ice Bending, Morphing, Ability to speak with animals, Fazing, Light source
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika

Mika

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:42 am

Mika woke early in the morning and looked around. She saw Jarlon still huddled up with the book. Every one else was still asleep. She quietly got up and walked over to him, sitting down beside him. "What does it say?" she asked gently

Cahoon Villager
Package 4: 50% Elf, Ice Bending, Morphing, Ability to speak with animals, Fazing, Light source
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:48 am

Not even noticing her walk up I was still burried deep inside the massive book of ancient secrets. As she spoke her soft voice shook my concentration. Happily I looked up "I'm not sure, these...." I pointed at a strange hyrogliph "seems to mean stranger, or bad man. I keep seeing these two together" I pointed at the one next to it "So maybe cloaked stranger." I shrugged "And these, these I know all to well. These are the symbols of Ilutari assasin's group" I said pulling down my pants a little at the hip where a small bran lay. "That's about all I could desiffer. It seems almost like a story, a warning, I don't know"

View user profile
Mika

Mika

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:54 am

Mika cocked her head and listened. "Hmm my people never had a written language, ancient or otherwise" she smiled "I only learned enough English writing to survive on the ranch and buy tickets. Where did you learn to read languages such as this?" She thought about the library upstairs again. "Oh..when you get back to Vandecar, you might look to see if there is another room. This one isn't complete.."

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:57 am

"Well, I hesitated. As Ilaturi Yumentski's head assasin He taught me everything I would ever need to know. Although some I have forgotten. As an assasin you usually work alone so you can't rely on anyone to be there for you no matter what" I paused "Well your people did very well in teaching you though. I don't catch much of an accent at all...and no written language, how did you pass on legends and what not?"

View user profile
Mika

Mika

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:02 am

Mika nodded listening. "Thank you" she blushed slightly "sometimes when I get excited or not thinking more of my accent comes through" she looked back at the paper. "hmm? Oh we made totem poles and story sticks and such. But most of our legends were passed on orally. As children we spent alot of time at our elder's feet learning about our people and the earth. Everything is kept up here" she smiled and pointed to her head.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:07 am

"That could be scary" I laughed as she pointed at her head "althought that pretty little head of yours can contain alot" I blushed slightly "Sooo....all those stories are lost now?"

View user profile
Mika

Mika

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:11 am

Mika blushed slightly and looked away. "Oh no..I still remember them, and not all the stories are or were particular to my tribe. But the ones that were I will pass on to my children someday. It's the only way my tribe's culture will survive." she said softly

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:23 am

"I don't blame you, I don't know if I'll ever pass anything I know down to my kids, it's not a father son type of ordeal you know" I laughed "That's if I ever have kids."

View user profile
Mika

Mika

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Mika smiled slightly and nodded. "Well...you could still pass on some of the skills you have learned. Assassin or not they are useful." Mika laughed softly as to not wake the others. "Not sure you'll have kids then?"

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:52 pm

"Nah, I have a hard time setteling down, This is the first time i've stayed int one place. Mainly because I kinda have to, but I'm growing to like it. But who knows, I've never even come close to finding a special someone. Having kids is such a huge responsibility, it's not something I take lightly."

View user profile
Mika

Mika

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Mika nodded "That they are" she thought back to how close she had come to being a mother 'thankfully now I can choose when I want to take on the responsibility' she thought to herself. She looked at Jarlon again and smiled slightly "So how many languages do you know?" she asked changing the subject.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:09 pm

A little surprised I turned my head to look at her. "Ummm fluently? Or just know enough to get me by?"

View user profile
Mika

Mika

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Mika smiled "both" she asked curiously as she brought around her hair to hand comb it and then braid it.

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:14 pm

a bit fixated on her slender fingers running through her hair I didn't say anything for a moment but then cought myself. "Well fluently I speak 7 different languages. Enough to get me by, oh about another 9 or so....." I shrugged "I should know more but I haven't used some of them in a very long time"

View user profile
Mika

Mika

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Mika's eyes widened slightly "wow, I only know...4-5 but except for english they are all tribal dialects. Not a whole lot of use here" she laughed softly. "Although animals seem to respond to them." she said considering as she ran into a knot in her hair. She looked down and carefully unknotted it before running her fingers through it again. She noticed Jarlon watching her hands and smiled slightly but didn't let on. "So...in the ones you can get by with...what kind of things can you say?"

Cahoon Villager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illutari

Illutari

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:22 pm

"Oh, you know.....things like 'Speak the truth or forever hold your tongue; who sent you/who do you work for' and then just some things to get me back to the head lair." I left it at that for my tongue still belonged to Ilaturi and if I let it run freely he might permanently have it. "Or....IWA KOB STELA APHE ET LILA WIYA WASTE." I grinned "So do you speak to animals"

View user profile
Sponsored content

Library - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Library
Page 23 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Road to Enchantment :: Cahoon :: Inside the Village-
Jump to: