Road to Enchantment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blacksmith Shop

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mika

Mika

Number of posts : 2867
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:39 pm

It is old and falling apart but shows promise and still holds most of the tools needed for the trade.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Mika led the way over to the blacksmith shop. Her long braid gently swaying as she walked. "Truthfully I haven't explored it yet. But when I saw the kiln and the tools I guessed it was a blacksmith shop. Take a look" she invited
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:49 pm

He rubbed the surface of the kiln and black ashes were left on his fingers. "Sure looks like a blacksmith shop," he agreed, looking at the tools on the wall. They were slowly rusting from lack of care and his brow furrowed, he didn't have enough experience in this area to remake all of them and he wondered if there was a way to preserved the tools.
Back to top Go down
http://thelazyone22.deviantart.com/
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Mika looked around. "There might be some books in the library about all the tools and care and such..." she trailed off
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:54 pm

"Considering I'm not usually a blacksmith, I think I ought to go check them out." he said, shrugging.

(haha checked out xP like a real library)
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:55 pm

(haha) Mika nodded "Hopefully you'll have more luck with the books than I have" she chuckled. "So have you ever been around horses?"
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:02 pm

He leaned against the kiln, crossing his arms over his chest. "Not especially, I can ride, but I can't really take care of them." he replied.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:00 am

Mika nodded "Well that you shall learn as well" she smiled "in time" And with that she left him to explore his new shop and went to go take a walk in the forest.

--------Forest but then grazing fields------>
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:30 pm

-------From somewhere------>

Mika wandered over to the little blacksmith shop. "Gabe?" she called
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Gabriel had been playing with Jarlon's old dagger, wondering what to do with it. He didn't feel like he should use it but it would collect dust sitting in the shop. Too bad he hadn't had a chance to give it back to Jarlon. His thoughts were cut off by Mika's voice and he looked up, "Hey, Mika."
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:00 pm

"Hi" Mika smiled she noticed the dagger and looked away. "Um I was just wondering if you needed any help moving your stuff over to Vandecar for the winter." She said distracted, she glanced at the dagger again and then around the little shop/work area
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Noticing her looking at it he stopped spinning it and looked at her for a second, thinking about what to say, "Uh, I finished fixing it up a while ago and since, well, y'know... I think you should keep it, since you seemed close to the guy." he stuttered a bit, not wanting to poke any sensitive spots and slid it over the table toward her, the blade shinier and sharpened. The intricate carvings were cleaned so the dirt that was in the creases was gone and the carvings were clearer. He also had added a thin leather grip so it would be easier to hold as it wasn't a throwing dagger. "Hope I did a good enough job, it took me a while, all that detail in there."
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Mika watched as he slid it toward her. Her eyes glistened just a bit but she gently picked it up. Her hands traced the intricate carvings. "It is beautiful..excellent craftsmanship sir" she smiled a little sadly. "I...how much did he owe you for this fine work?" Mika asked
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:36 pm

He chuckled at the at the 'sir', "Sir? I think Gabe will do just fine, and anyway, aren't you my leader?" he leaned against the wall and stuck his hands in his pockets again. "You don't have to pay me, think of it as a...gift." he told her a little uncertainly.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Mika laughed "True, sorry si uh Gabe" she smiled She looked lovingly at the dagger. "Thank you" she smiled. She stroked it and secured it under her cloak. "Now..can I help you at all with moving over to Vandecar?"
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 6:13 pm

"Your welcome. There's not much I'm bringing." he shrugged, tilting his head to his only bag. "Unless you want me to bring the big tools too." He pulled out the key he had on the first day and started fiddling with it. He always liked to have his hands moving or doing something.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 6:52 pm

"Well I am sure Ronan would be willing to share the merchant shop with you if you would like to continue your blacksmithing..." Mika suggested. She smiled slightly at the key. "Found a lock for that yet?"
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:02 pm

He smiled at her smile, glad to see her glum mood a little gone, "I opted to just use it as a lock pick." she said, showing her the differences in the key. It was still shaped like one, but the teeth were thinner and sharper, and the other side without teeth had some ridges carved into it. "I won't be needing it much, but if I need to make anything for you guys it could come in handy."
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:37 pm

"Ah" she smiled "well we do appreciate your services in opening up the inner library" Mika nodded
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:46 pm

"That lock was half falling off anyway," he said, "Did you get everything figured out? With the book and whatever?" he asked, examining the key for a second and then using his nail to chip off a small irregular bump on it.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Mika shrugged "No not completely, Jarlon..died before he could finish it" she said quietly, she absent mindedly rubbed her stomach. "Um Saron was going to look at it" Mika smiled
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 pm

He was quiet for a minute, despite his efforts, Jarlon had come up again, "That's too bad. ...Saron?" That name rang a dim bell but he was sure he hadn't met a Saron before, maybe heard his name in some of the conversations around Cahoon.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:05 pm

"Yes..he is Jarlon's younger brother...he came here looking for Jarlon" Mika said quietly
Back to top Go down
MohawkWolf

MohawkWolf

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:14 pm

"I see, I'll have to meet him sometime." he replied, not having much to say. After a small awkward silence he grabbed his bag and weapons. "Shall we see if we can make it through the snow?"
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 pm

"Yes" Mika smiled "And I am sure you will meet him since all of us are in the town hall for the winter"

Mika motioned for the door and opened it holding it open for him. "do you need me to carry anything?" she asked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blacksmith Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith Shop   Blacksmith Shop Empty

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith Shop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Road to Enchantment :: Cahoon :: Inside the Village-
Jump to: