Road to Enchantment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Library

Go down 
+11
Argon
Tyler
bancam_20
MohawkWolf
Arora
Salem
aryen
Illutari
Sadan
Mare
Mika
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage

Library Empty
PostSubject: Library   Library EmptySun May 24, 2009 9:47 pm

This was one of the few buildings spared in the raids and from nature's fury. It needs a little repair but has protected the enormous library of knowledge inside. There are books on many subjects but this library has been specially stocked by Chaya to hold a impressive amount of information about ranching. If used wisely ones herds and stock could benefit greatly.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Number of posts : 2867
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:14 pm

<------Barn

Mika quietly opened up the two large doors and silently walked in. Or at least she tried. Her steps echoed in the large library. It had cathedral ceilings, but was dusty floor to ceiling. She thought she saw a candle chandelier hanging down but there was so much dust she couldn't tell. She saw a large fireplace at one end and walked farther into the large casam of a building.

Last edited by Mika on Tue May 26, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Shiroi and i peeked around the door, "Umm....what's it for?" i asked refering to the building.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:23 pm

Mika looked back at him and then around again. She looked at the floor to..well not to ceiling but close bookshelves full of books. "It is a library I think..." she said quietly 'lot of good it will do me...I can't read' she thought to herself. She bit her lip and started walking amoungst the shelves. She looked back to see if Kai was following her.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:23 pm

(what happened to your msn?)
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:38 pm

after a quick look, i knew it was safe to proceed into the 'library'. i walked in Shiroi was by my side, "So it's a building for books?" i asked with a shrug. i reached out and pulled a book from the selves, i blew off most of the dust. "*cough* Ugh!....what a mess!...i wonder how long this has been here?" i carfully opened the book. "Hey look....this is a leather working book" i said as i read the title.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Mika looked up. "Good..it should be useful to anyone that needs to learn about it." She smiled slightly to cover her uncomfortableness around something she couldn't read and went and looked around the fireplace. "Still looks in good shape, I wonder if the chimney is clear..."
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:27 pm

i sighed and slide the book back into the shelves, i looked around. "Theres a lot of books here" i said looking around. shiroi sniffed around through the dust, "I hate books" i murmmered, i walked over an inspected another case, looking for somekind of record book of journal. "I wonder what happened here....why did everyone leave?....and where did they go?" i asked.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Mika nodded. "I don't know..but obviously they didn't take their stuff with them. She looked around and saw dusty paintings on the wall. She took one down and wiped it off with her sleeve. She blew the dust away. It was a painting of two sisters and their parents. "I wonder who they were..." she said quietly.

(It's a painting of Athara and Chaya when they were young)
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:24 pm

i walked over and looked at the painting, "Hmmm....i don''t know, i've never seen anyone like that...." i got to thinking, "i wonder why that left...it's like everyone just packed what they needed and just left....where they scared of something?" i asked as the sun light began to fade, "Hey looks like we'd better find somewhere to spend the night....the suns almost gone" i nodded towards the window.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:28 pm

Mika nodded. "That or they didn't have time to leave..." she muttered. "Why would they leave this entire library? Look...not a book is out of place...No...I'm not sure they left.." she said sadly. She put the picture back up and looked around at the others. "Come on...I have a hunch.." she said quietly.

------Outdoors---------->
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:29 pm

~Shiroi let's go~ he padded up to my side once again. ----Outdoors--->
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : Tennis, RPing, reading, convincing my mom to get me a ferret
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:44 pm

<------Grazing fields
Laya walked in and sat down near a bookshelf. A bunch of dust fell down and she sneezed. Having had not much sleep the night before, she fell asleep. Zeke lay down beside her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolvesofpilgrim.forumotion.com
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : Tennis, RPing, reading, convincing my mom to get me a ferret

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:14 pm

~Wake up sleepyhead~ a voice sounded in Laya's ears. It was very fuzzy and she ignored it. ~Laya! Wake up!~ the voice said sharply and clearer... and much louder. She sat bolt upright, "Where am I?!" she said loudly. ~You're in the Library~ Zeke said. ~Oh, let's go out~ she said standing up and walking to the door. She came out and looked about, "Hm, I wonder where Mika went?" she said, noticing that she was nowhere in sight.
------>Barn
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolvesofpilgrim.forumotion.com
Sadan

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptySat May 30, 2009 7:50 pm

<------Pastures
Sadan pushed open the large doors to the Library and took a couple steps in. He sniffed the air, "Mmmm, I love the smell of books" some dust got stirred up and made him sneeze, "-Achoo!- and dust" he added. Whisper smiled at him before going over to one of the shelves and taking a book down. She brought it over to Sadan, ~This looks interesting~ she said after he had taken it. ~Thanks Amber~ he said, opening up the book and begining to read.
Back to top Go down
Sadan

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:02 pm

Sadan finished reading and wandered out. Going nowhere.
------>Enchanted Forest
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 am

--------Barn---->

Jarlon helped Mika over to the animal skin rug that was by the fireplace. After settling her in, he got the fire going in the fireplace and looked around. "So what am I learning to read?" she asked curiously and carefully as to not hurt her ribs.
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Number of posts : 1406

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:17 am

I set her down on the bear rug and went over to the fire place. It was old and nasty looking but seemed sturdy enough to hold a fire as to not start a fire with all the books around. I swept some of the dust away to keep it from catching sparks. I then took several hand fulls of pine cones and loose bark and laid it on the bottom of the pit and stacked small wood and then larger wood on top of it. I chipped two of the black rocks together creating smoke and then the fire began to grow and crackle. With a smile of approvement I walked to the book cases, hopeing not to find another one of the 'diarys of a sad father' Instead I cound one that said 'The Vanhoonian Almanac for ranching.' I pulled it out and blew the dust off of it as I walked over to where Mika sat. "Comfortable?" I asked
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 am

Mika snuggled down into the bear rug. The warm fire felt good. It almost lolled her to sleep but she kept herself awake. She nodded and smiled slightly "As comfortable as possible" she said quietly and twitched slightly as her ribs spasmed again.
Back to top Go down
aryen

aryen

Number of posts : 776
Job/hobbies : Horses, graphics, drawing, music, reading, photography.... this kind of things :)
Humor : Meish xD so watch out! crazyyyyy :D

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 am

Arya walked in silently like a cat. She leaned her back on the wall and
smiled, looking Jarlon light the fire, her emerald eyes twinkling. Fire highlighted her hair and made it have
a hint of golden tone.
Back to top Go down
Illutari

Illutari

Number of posts : 1406

Character sheet
Magic Package:
Village Locator:

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:29 am

I felt someone else in the room. "Arya, hey, why don't you come sit with us." I smiled sweetly at the fire reflecting in her hair and eyes. "do you know how to read?" I asked. Most people didn't, but considering how I was raised it was one thing I was supposed to learn. I looked at Mika again. "Yes they'll hurt for a while, everytime you breath in your ribs move and poke your lungs and muscles. So just take it easy while they fuse back together." I shifted my eyes to the ground
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am

Mika nodded and looked up to see Arya. She smiled slightly and looked back at Jarlon. 'How did he know all this stuff?'
Back to top Go down
aryen

aryen

Job/hobbies : Horses, graphics, drawing, music, reading, photography.... this kind of things :)

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:32 am

Arya smirked.
"Umm... it was so long time ago I last saw a book... not well" she smiled at his offer to come and sit with them
"Thanks" she said sweetly. She was unsure where to sit so she stood there for a few sec, biting her lip.
Back to top Go down
Mika

Mika

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 am

Mika looked up and patted the rug near her. In a place that would kinda form a triangle with the three of them.
Back to top Go down
aryen

aryen

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 am

Arya smiled to her thankfully and sat next to her.
"How are you feeling?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Empty

Back to top Go down

Library
Page 1 of 29Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next